Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is there possibility to force a filter topology in DA_LClowpassMatch in ADS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example, if i will put the filter elements, and after that, i will make matching to 50ohm - it will be very bad?

No, that is a good and valid design approach. It also allows to test your device with 50 Ohm test equipment, independent of the load + matching network.

Append to volker..

Choose the Filter's Input Output Real Impedances carefully regarding to those impedances to be matched. Choose appropriate values so that matching circuit won't consist of weird elements..

Here is a fictitious example for illustration: Load impedance: 1 Ω + 2.55 nH
Matching frequency: 500 MHz
Source impedance: 2 Ω / 6 Ω / 20 Ω (selectable within certain limits)

Matching made with a low "pass structure" (n=4). As you can see, there is no well defined passband.
kk.jpg

frdm90 didn't yet release a matching bandwidth specification. I presume, it's not possible to achieve a higher bandwidth with LC network for the example matching problem.

You cannot match over this bandwidth with simple few matching circuit.Load Impedance is not constant and varies by frequency..
Is your intention to match these termination impedances ( both source and load ) over the bandwidth..?
Simple matching circuit wouldn't work.. Impedance Matching Transformer ( not exact but approximate) may be a solution but matching is not guaranteed at lower frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back