Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ERROR:HDLParsers:709

Status
Not open for further replies.

abimann

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all Gurus and just good guys!
Pls tell me what's wrong with my code, top level file is in VHDL , lower level file is Verilog,why i get this kind of error ?
I remember that VHDL and Verilog works well in my old projects and this is not reason.

Code:
ERROR:HDLParsers:709 - "C:/Users/user1/Desktop/fpga_p/MT9/camera_v0.vhd" Line 229. Reset_Delay is not an entity name

signal DLY_RST_1, DLY_RST_0,DLY_RST_2:  std_logic;

U1:  entity work.Reset_Delay 
 PORT MAP( iCLK       => clk96,
		  iRST       => rst_n,
		  oRST_0     => DLY_RST_0,
		  oRST_1     => DLY_RST_1,	
	          oRST_2     => DLY_RST_2 );

module	Reset_Delay(iCLK,iRST,oRST_0,oRST_1,oRST_2);
input		iCLK;
input		iRST;
output reg	oRST_0;
output reg	oRST_1;
output reg	oRST_2;

Try to declare the component prototype of "Reset_Delay" in the .VHD file where you instantiate it - instead of instantiating it from work.reset_delay.

VHDL has no knowledge of Verilog. Hence directly accessing a Verilog module from a vhdl library is illegal because it doesnt exist.
You need to use a component to give the VHDL compiler knowledge of what the entity is, then let the tool map that component to a Verilog module.

Status
Not open for further replies.