Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP ME the newbie with Verilog Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridhohrnf

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i'm new with using verilog code, and i have a task. Making a timer with

input:clock, reset
output:seconds,minutes,hours.
and i can't solve this, anyone who know the code help me.

Your answer help me a lot. THANK YOU

I would venture to say you aren't even making an effort.

I did a quick search for "Verilog digital clock code" and it came back with 628,000 results and the first 5 links have Verilog code to do exactly what you are asking.

Or perhaps your problem is not understanding modulo counting, which is how you count out seconds, minutes, and hours?.

I want to help, but this is blatant offloading of work. How are you going to get any better?

You need to know the following
1. You use the clock to generate a counter.
2. Based on clock speed a certain multiple will give you a second.
3. You can represent events that tick over to implement other counters. For example 60 seconds makes a minute. 60 minutes makes an hour and 24 hours make a day.

This is a very common university homework and is not difficult.
Show us what you have attempted to do so far.
If you are not comfortable with Verilog, then learn it first. This task will exercise you ability on how good you understand counters and implement counters with Verilog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back