Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Is ADS 2009 netlist simulation from command line impossible compared to ADS 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesef

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all, I would like to optimize circuits in MATLAB or python.
I prefer to have something working with ADS2009 as past colleagues' files are nonconvertible to the newer ADS formats; there is too much information missing.

As a first step, I tried to run ADS2009 through windows command line with a bat file. A working bat file would allow me to use
Code:
system
function within a MATLAB script.

My test circuit is :

**broken link removed**

I added code to my netlist.log file :
Code:
aele Zin1=zin(S11,PortZ1);
aele x=write_var("borrame.s2p","W","#Hz S RI R 50"," ","f",,freq,S11,S21,S12,S22);

and ran the bat file located inside the ADS Project file using Windows command prompt as Administrator :

Code:
set HPEESOF_DIR=C:/ADS2009U1
set COMPL_DIR=%HPEESOF_DIR%
set SIMARCH=win32_64
set PATH = %HPEESOF_DIR%\bin;%HPEESOF_DIR%\bin\%SIMARCH%;%HPEESOF_DIR%\lib\%SIMARCH%;%HPEESOF_DIR%\adsptolemy\lib.%SIMARCH%;%PATH%
hpeesofsim netlist.log
Pause

But I recieved 0xc000007b error error_chinese_0xc000007b.png.

I tried a new bat file :

Code:
set HPEESOF_DIR=C:/ADS2009U1
set SIMARCH=win32_64
path %HPEESOF_DIR%\bin;%HPEESOF_DIR%\bin\%SIMARCH%;%HPEESOF_DIR%\lib\%SIMARCH%;%HPEESOF_DIR%\adsptolemy\lib.%SIMARCH%;%HPEESOF_DIR%\modelbuilder\public_headers\SystemVue;%PATH%
hpeesofsim netlist.log
Pause

And received the same error. I am not sure what I can do.

However I was successful using ADS 2014 with the bat file :

Code:
set HPEESOF_DIR=C:/Agilent/ADS2014_01
set SIMARCH=win32_64

path %HPEESOF_DIR%\bin;%HPEESOF_DIR%\lib\%SIMARCH%;%HPEESOF_DIR%\adsptolemy\lib.%SIMARCH%;%HPEESOF_DIR%\SystemVue\2013.08\%SIMARCH%\sveclient;%PATH%;

hpeesofsim netlist.log
dds cell_3.ds

Pause

Some extra information are :
  • I am using the chinese OS of windows 10
  • while running the bat files for ADS2009, I obtained an un-reproducable error telling me I am missing tiburon-da from my ADS library. Which I added it to my ADS2009 project DesignKit.
  • My task manageer showed hpeesofde.exe located from C:\ADS2009U1\bin was running.

It would be amazing for any usefull tips, or if anyone could walk me through a successful ADS2009 simulation from Windows command prompt on their computers.

If I know this venture of ADS simulation by bat file prove unfeasible (for me), I could earlier start trying to use AEL files in ADS2009 command line to open Python and Matlab files.

Your Attachment 155281 expired (possible reason, too long delay while composing post). Try uploading image again, and submit new post immediately.

Hi pancho_hideboo, I am using ADS2009 on my Windows10, or do you mean the running ADS2009 from Windows command line can only be done on Windows7?

By the way, the test circuit I tried to automate with it's netlist.log are :

simplecircuitADS2009.png

Code:
Options ResourceUsage=yes UseNutmegFormat=no EnableOptim=no TopDesignName="C:\Users\user\Desktop\ADSMatlab_prj\networks\basic"
aele Zin1=zin(S11,PortZ1);
aele x=write_var("borrame.s2p","W","#Hz S RI R 50"," ","f",,freq,S11,S21,S12,S22);
Port:Term2  _net8 0 Num=2 Z=50 Ohm Noise=yes 
TLIN:TL1  _net7 _net8 Z=50.0 Ohm E=90 F=1 GHz 
Port:Term1  _net7 0 Num=1 Z=50 Ohm Noise=yes 
S_Param:SP1 CalcS=yes CalcY=no CalcZ=no GroupDelayAperture=1e-4 FreqConversion=no FreqConversionPort=1 StatusLevel=2 CalcNoise=no SortNoise=0 BandwidthForNoise=1.0 Hz DevOpPtLevel=0 \
SweepVar="freq" SweepPlan="SP1_stim" OutputPlan="SP1_Output" 

SweepPlan: SP1_stim Start=1.0 GHz Stop=10.0 GHz Step=1.0 GHz 

OutputPlan:SP1_Output \
      Type="Output" \
      UseEquationNestLevel=yes \
      EquationNestLevel=2 \
      UseSavedEquationNestLevel=yes \
      SavedEquationNestLevel=2

Last edited:

Hi pancho_hideboo,

A good point, I upgraded my computer's disk drives through a repair shop and the reinstalled Windows 10 OS might be unofficial.

Considering, I might like to have another try at ADS 2009 command line capability. How ADS2009 runs on Windows 7 could offer directions of how it could run on it run on my Windows 10. I would like to know :

If I was running ADS2009 on Windows 7, would my bat and netlist.log files be sufficient?

If it were not sufficient, it would be incredible to obtain a step by step picture instructions for ADS2009 like for ADS2014 below :

Open ADS2014 and Design the test circuit and save :
ADS_2014_test_circuit.png

Open the Work_space file find the netlist.log file and add the highlighted code.
editnetlist_log.png

Create a bat file (in this case new.bat) and save it within the Work_space file
batfile_creation.png

Open Command Prompt with Administrator and run new.bat
commandprompt.png

The desired file (borrame.s2p) appears in folder :
borrame.png

If I was running ADS2009 on Windows 7,
would my bat and netlist.log files be sufficient?
Sufficient as far as you use official Windows7 and ADS2009.

I suspect you use illegal or hacking ADS2009 as well as your illegal or hacking Windows10.

Use official ADS2009 and Windows7.
That’s all.

Reactions: joesef

joesef

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back