Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] DC-DC converter to -3.3v

Status
Not open for further replies.

clros

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need a DC-DC converter with a positive voltage input (+5V) and a negative voltage output (-3.3v) with a current minimum of 2A.

Can suggest me a circuit or a low cost Converter on a supplier or on ebay?

Hi,

I need a DC-DC converter with a positive voltage input (+5V) and a negative voltage output (-3.3v) with a current minimum of 2A.

Can suggest me a circuit or a low cost Converter on a supplier or on ebay?

You need an inverting buck-boost. You could design it for 2.5V to 5V input range or so and -3.3V output.

That's all.

Hi,

Or use a ready to buy isolating one. 5V to 3.3V.

Klaus

Charge pump configured to invert polarity. Notice your 5V supply must provide several Amperes, if you wish to attach a 2A load.

negative supply -3_5V fm 5V via charge pump 4 transistors load 2A.png

Although diodes make for easier construction, they subtract from the output voltage. Instead transistors are suitable. Bias signals can be obtained from strategic points in the circuit.

The transistor marked '?' carries 90mA in an upward direction when it's supposed to be off. I tried to shut it off by taking bias voltage from various points. I tried a PNP type. It appears the only way to shut it off is by building a second clock signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back