+ Post New Thread
    Member level 5

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Switching between more bit-streams on FPGA

Can i make a control unit on FPGA to switch between 3 bit-streams while FPGA is running using Dynamic partial reconfiguration?

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Helped
    1719 / 1719
    Level

Re: Switching between more bit-streams on FPGA

Quote Originally Posted by MSAKARIM View Post
    Can i make a control unit on FPGA to switch between 3 bit-streams while FPGA is running using Dynamic partial reconfiguration?
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

Partial reconfiguration has both a full configuration bitstream and one or more partial bitstreams that can reconfigure a isolated portion of the design, while the rest of the design continues to function. This doesn't require a special control unit, unless you are intending to do the partial reconfiguration from inside the FPGA with ICAP. AFAIK if you are using Zynq you can perform the partial reconfiguration from the ARM too.

1 members found this post helpful.

•   AltAdvertisement

Member level 5

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Re: Switching between more bit-streams on FPGA

Quote Originally Posted by ads-ee View Post
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.

Partial reconfiguration has both a full configuration bitstream and one or more partial bitstreams that can reconfigure a isolated portion of the design, while the rest of the design continues to function. This doesn't require a special control unit, unless you are intending to do the partial reconfiguration from inside the FPGA with ICAP. AFAIK if you are using Zynq you can perform the partial reconfiguration from the ARM too.
    yes i have more bit-streams and i need to reload them one by one (according to some issues) to the partial reconfiguration region without a need to host computer.

--[[ ]]--