Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TMS320F280049C: Unwanted pulse on GPIO during Power On/OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

neeteen09

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm using TMS320F280049C micro-controller (Texas).

While testing its GPIO behavior during power on/off, I found a high to low transition on GPIO pin ,on every power on/off

I'm checking the waveform on GPIO pin of micro-controller itself.

I have used the same code provided by texas for GPIO initialization (C2000 examples)

//Initialization code as follows:-

GpioCtrlRegs.GPAPUD.bit.GPIO3 = 0; //Enable pull-up on GPIO3

GpioDataRegs.GPASET.bit.GPIO3 = 1; //Load output Latch

GpioCtrlRegs.GPAMUX1.bit.GPIO3 = 0; //GPIO3= GPIO3

GpioCtrlRegs.GPADIR.bit.GPIO3 = 1; //GPIO3=output

Attatchment:- Waveform during Power On/off. IMG_20190829_112757.jpgIMG_20190829_112542.jpg

What you're seeing is perhaps due to the output going tri-state. Do you see this behavior on every pin? If not, what is different about what is connected to this pin? Is there a capacitance? Maybe you need a pull-down resistor on the pin.

Hi,

What is connected to the pin?

As a general recommendation: don't leave it floating. You can't expect any level from a floating signal, because it is not defined.
And, because a floating signal is high impedance it can be influenced from any signal nearby.

Maybe you just see coupling effects from another signal.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.