Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking 4 collaboration: Mobile Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_wth

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey Guys,

I was searching the internet for a mobile, battery powered touch-display.
Just a tool to run my smartphone on a bigger screen while I'm travelling.
And - Asus just released what I was looking for. The Zenscreen Touch:
A battery powered touchscreen with USB-C and micro HDMI which can even charge a connected Smartphone.
Unfortunately, it is just massive (15.6").
10" to 12" should be the max.

I also found this video, which shows a nice little DIY concept for a simliar solution.
It is not touch, has no battery built in, and the build quality needs some improvements.... but in general it is the right direction.

The guy basically took an old laptop screen, ordered a new controller, added power-in and it runs fine. So far, so simple.

The thing is, when we talk about a touchscreen, based on USB-C which includes a battery, electronics to charge etc etc..... the complexity increases a lot.
To solder some parts together as shown in the video is well within my abilities.
The planning and to find the right parts (if they are even available) is way out of my league.

Therefore, I'm looking for a collaboration.
I can contribute my CAD and 3D-printing skills.
It won't be a big deal to design and print a backplate which provides stability and integrates all boards, cables and the battery seamlessly.

Is anyone out there, who would be interested?
Or does anyone of you have an opinion whether this is feasible at all?

Best Regards
Mike

this meets your size
**broken link removed**
no idea if it meets your requirements

That gets pretty close. Thanks for the idea!
But the communication works by USB-B and HDMI......
Therefore, not usable for mobile devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back