Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Designing a simple DC Massage Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowtor

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

My last massage device that I use for my back pain has burned down and it's the 5th or 6th unit that did that so I'm trying to make something more reliable and long lasting.

The current specs I'm thinking about are:

DC Motor up to 12V (preferred 6V), max. 28mm in diameter
2-4 18650 cells

Current motor candidates :
1. https://www.pollin.de/productdownloads/D310493D.PDF
2. https://www.ebay.de/itm/173909902699

My previous devices run 2 problems, I don't know why either of these happened.

- Batterries overheating
- Motor overheating

I'm still missing a controller, I'd love to make it future proof for up to 4 motors.

If there's anyone willing to bare with me, I'd very much appreciate help with any of the issues:

- choosing proper motor
- choosing proper controller
- avoiding either the batteries or the motor overheating

Many Thanks!

With no schematic or other useful information it's impossible to tell why anything overheated

With no schematic or other useful information it's impossible to tell why anything overheated

It's a commercial device so any specifics are not available.

It's a cheap 6V, 10'000 RPM, small vibration motor, powered by 4xAA in series. Probably why it's quality is low.

That's why I'm trying to make one using quality components. The motor itself doesn't even have anything written on it.

attach a photo of the opened up device.
if you have removed the motor and it's linkages , then attach photo of that one.

attach a photo of the opened up device.
if you have removed the motor and it's linkages , then attach photo of that one.

I attach the photos:
front.jpg
back.jpg
motor.jpg

The first link in your post 1 , (pollin.de) is not a 6V motor.

The second link ( ebay.de) motor can be considered . You must have the eccentric attachment for that motor shaft .

Get one from ebay and check its suitability of the torque and rpm .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back