Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Circular polarization using coupler

Status
Not open for further replies.

gayathrim

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
i'm designing a patch antenna in hfss. in order to achieve circular polarization i'm planning to use a 90 degree hybrid coupler. Is it possible to create a 90 degree phase shift in orthogonal mode excitation in hfss without actually having to draw a coupler. thanks in advance.

Hi gayathrim,

Yes, it is possible. Using either lumped ports or wave ports, you can set the sources excitation phase under "HFSS"->"Fields"->"Edit Sources...".

Good luck!

you can set the sources excitation phase under "HFSS"->"Fields"->"Edit Sources...".
I tried that. I used two lump ports positioned 90 degrees apart and sources changed to phase 0 and 90 respectively. however, i'm still not able to achieve an axial ratio vs frequency below 3 dB for resonating frequencies.

Also, since there are two ports, which return loss should we consider? s11 or s22? or the resultant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back