Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Extend life of UV lamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

i200yrs

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any tips and/or info on how to extend life of UV lamp. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

We don't know which UV lamp you refer to. It may be neon tube, it may be LED, it may be any other..

Thus I only can recommend to read the datasheet and/or contact the manufacturer.

Klaus

I found the part number in ebay, it says Mercury Vapor UV Emitter Bulb.

I found the part number in ebay, it says Mercury Vapor UV Emitter Bulb.
Which means absolutely nothing to us, it could still be one of a thousand products.

Mercury vapor is used in many lighting applications, especially where some UV output is needed but the UV light spectrum is very wide and different technologies are used for different parts of the spectrum. For example, I use short wavelength 40W UV bulbs for water sterilization but they are 15mm diameter by about 400mm long quartz tubes with four pins at one end. Some other people use long wavelength Mercury vapor UV lamps for agriculture, display lighting and even skin tanning. Without knowing what kind of lamp you are referring to we can't really help.

Brian.

Mercury vapour produces UV wavelength of 273nm (UV-C)
That part of UV spectrum gets totally absorbed in atmosphere. Mainly used to be used for UV-EPROM erasing, still used for desinfection in bio labs and hospitals.
Dangerous to retina! Produces irreversible damage, can cause blindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back