Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Magnitude function analog circuit (square root of sum of two squares)

Status
Not open for further replies.

usx

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have output of quadrature mixer and I need it's magnitude for current application. I want to build a circuit that does A = sqrt(I^2+Q^2), and it should also have duty cycle of 10%, so it should be triggered by that function.

Can someone point me to a resource (website, book, journal, etc.) that explains how to build it?

Not enough to multiply the I branch with the Q branch signal? The multiplied output's DC level should be rational with the I and Q magnitudes. RSSI operates this way usually.
Tell us more about the application, the operating frequency, and explain this please: "have duty cycle of 10%, so it should be triggered by that function" I don't get it what you mean on.

Not enough to multiply the I branch with the Q branch signal? The multiplied output's DC level should be rational with the I and Q magnitudes. RSSI operates this way usually.
Tell us more about the application, the operating frequency, and explain this please: "have duty cycle of 10%, so it should be triggered by that function" I don't get it what you mean on.

By 10% duty cycle I mean that the my I&Q signals are on for 10% of the time. I'll see what happens when I multiply I by Q.

In case of doubt, you'll implement the analog function blocks according to the given formula: squarer, sum, square root. In case you use single quadrant multiplier, absolute value will precede the squarer.

Status
Not open for further replies.