Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Difference in results of HFSS and ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilal.habib

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greeting Everyone!
I have designed and simulated a multilayer six port circuit made up of slot coupled quadrature couplers and dividers in HFSS 3D modeler (ANSYS Electronic Desktop). I used modal analysis and wave ports and achieved good and smooth magnitude and phase results in terms of S parameters.
I used 50 passes and 0.2 GHz step. Sweep type: fast
However, when i export the same multilayer structure to ADS layout layer by layer and then use port editor for excitation. In port editor, middle ground layer has been separately identified .
I get very ERATIC S-parameter results. I am using the same layer stackup as in HFSS and same rogers substrate RO4003C. Momentum simulation has been done.
0.2 GHz step has been set in both cases
Frequency of operation is 2.5-10 GHz.
Which results to trust? What am i doing wrong in ADS? Please find attached the snapshot of my HFSS and ADS results and port editor in ADS.
Thankyou very much
HFSS ADS results.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back