Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SMPS PFC+LLC/Flyback 24V 100W low THD cool thermals reference design?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frang

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm designing a 100W 24V SMPS. I need high power factor correction (aiming for 61000-3-2 Class C) and low temperature without forced convection.

I want to know if anyone has any recommendation, based on experience or knowlege about a good reference design that match this goals. I've been looking a lot of designs from Texas and ST but I have no experience with another vendors.

This is my initial preference, adapting it to 24V, because I'm aiming around that size and I'm familiar with L6563H and 6599 (made a 56V400W PFC LLC with them)
https://www.st.com/content/ccc/reso...df/jcr:content/translations/en.CD00267266.pdf

Cheers

For 24V 100W try a FAN9611 running a dual interleaved flyback, low RFI , easy to build and test, just 2 x flyback Tx at 50W each, 2 x 800V fets, 2 x o/p diodes, automatic PFC with no extra bits, just need about 4700uF on the output to reduce 50/60Hz ripple and good to go ... easy to get EMC compliance ... the list goes on ...

Reactions: frang

frang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll definetely be checking the FAN9611 and the interleaving concept on PFCs.

I got STEVAL-ISA148V1 and checked it seems to fulfill my needs. Seems to pass Class C and gets around 60ºC with 90W at 19 volts, so I'll be adapting this design to 24V, because I already have some of the needed components and can make a quick prototype.

or you could do a simple BCM Boost PFC....followed by Innoswitch syncronous rectified flyback on the output.

Reactions: frang

frang

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.