Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MOSFET Gets Hot in H Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, increased the C1, C4 capacitors to 22uF but no change in output.

I am using 50% duty PWM. Should I increase the duty to say 90% to get high output voltage of say +22V or +24V?

Hi,

As already said: high duty cycle makes things worse.

Show us scope pictures (HIN, 12V directly at the driver, highside_out, 24V supply) and a photo of your circuit, including the scope connections.

Klaus

Here is the simulation output. I have not yet built the hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Updated file. VSx probes added. See the graphs and tell me how to fix the high-side voltage issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit 2:

Only getting correct output when dual supply is used for IR2112.

Refer INV-6.2.pdf

Can't the issue be solved without using dual supply for IR2112?

- - - Updated - - -

My conclusion with the circuit analaysis is that the voltage at COM pin of IR2112 should be equal to the GND voltage of Full-Bridge. So, I used -24V.0V for IR2112 COM pin and th eoutput is okay but will the high-side mosfets handle 60V of HOx signals for IRFP064V?

Also, the VSx voltage should swing between +24V and -24V same as Load.

Attachments

• INV-3.PDF
    50.8 KB · Views: 83
  • TD-3.1.rar
    21.4 KB · Views: 51
  • INV-6.rar
    37.1 KB · Views: 49
  • INV-6.PDF
    52.2 KB · Views: 59
  • INV-6.2.PDF
    53.3 KB · Views: 55
  • INV-6.4.PDF
    50.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

I replaced the Mosfets to IRFP250N.

For PWM signal > 50 kHz the output signal is getting distorted and also the HOx and LOx signals. What changes are needed to the circuit to get clean output for 300 kHz PWM?

Status
Not open for further replies.