Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to plot the waveform while simulation in cadance specctre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric_Shock

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I run a long simulation and want to plot the waveform while the sim is still running. But when I open Result browser and plot, there was nothing plotted. I have to wait until the simulation finish that I can plot the signal. How can I solve this problem?

You can declare a "marching waveform" which will update
as you go.

It's been a while but I don't recall needing the simulation
to finish before plotting; getting partial plots is eomthing
I remember doing often (out of the same boredom as you?).

But maybe this requires periodic writing of results short
of completion, and maybe that's not set up. Or maybe
the "results browser" waits for the end to update "what
it's got for you" while direct plot by mouse-pick or by
Calculator works up-to-the-moment?

Sometimes when the simulation is long and you still only look at a limited set of waveforms the amount of data is so low that it is not flushed to disk, but instead kept in memory.

Sometimes it helps selecting and reload the results in the simulation window. (Simulation > Results > Select ...)

You have also the flushtime option in the transient setup to force spectre to save data more often, which I think can also be set by some environment variable to pick it up in the flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back