Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Splitting plane for negative power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmetkazakli

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,
I used op-amp for my project. And supplied with +12 and -12 volts. My PCB will have 4 layers which are TOP (signal layer) ,POWER (internal plane),GROUND(internal plane),BOTTOM (signal layer). When i split the power plane for supply voltages such as +12V, +5V , +3.3V , i confused where to set my -12 power for op-amp supply. Should i set -12V power to POWER plane or GROUND plane and why ?
Thank you

It is entirely your choice. Using internal layers for power and ground is not absolutely essential, it is done for convenience as those nodes generally need connections in lots of places around the board. To some degree they also provide shielding between outer signal layers but if you run your +/- 12V in the same way as signal traces and use decoupling capacitors to ground near your op-amp it should work perfectly well.

Brian.

Thank you so much. I also found that e-book.

https://books.google.com.tr/books?i...ng ground plane for negative power PCB&f=true

Image 3.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back