Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to plot 1 dB compression point versus frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to plot Pout @1 dB compression point versus frequencies

Hi I want to plot 1 dB compression point versus frequenices. My goal is to plot Pout at 1 dB compression point Versus frequency. Is there any function in virtuoso calculator that picks the power @ 1 dB compression point from Pout Vs Pin plot?Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi I want to plot 1 dB compression point versus frequenices. My goal is to plot Pout at 1 dB compression point Versus frequency. Is there any function in virtuoso calculator that picks the power @ 1 dB compression point from Pout Vs Pin plot?Thanks

It seems there is an option in Direct plot when we sweep frequency. It automatically gives the required plot.

Last edited:

Re: How to plot Pout @1 dB compression point versus frequencies

- - - Updated - - -

It seems there is an option in Direct plot when we sweep frequency. It automatically gives the required plot.

Here is same topic that s already discussed before, let take a look
But personally, to the simplest solution, you can record P1dB @ each RF freq and then use whatever tools like matlab or excel to plot P1dB vs Freq range (the number of points counts on you).
+ For another solution, you can write Ocean script to record each sweep value of P1dB and plot directly in Virtuoso, it is completely possible but take time n more complex to implement
+ in addition, you can also use calculator tool available in Virtuoso to record each P1dB and manipulate data in this command window, that is able to do this job but take more time.
+ At last, There is no single command to obtain your requirement
Here is an example from mixer ADL5802 of P1dB vs RF freq
mixer_p1db.jpg
Have fun!
TM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back