Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Serial scan patterns are failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

praveenb824

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I am using cadence ncsim tool for gate level simulation. I am facing below issue.

issue:
My compression scan patterns are passing in parallel simulation But failing in serial simulation.

And i mm using pipeline in my design. And the pipeline depth was 1.

What might be the issue ..?

Could anyone suggest me for debug.

Hi All,

I am using cadence ncsim tool for gate level simulation. I am facing below issue.

issue:
My compression scan patterns are passing in parallel simulation But failing in serial simulation.

And i mm using pipeline in my design. And the pipeline depth was 1.

What might be the issue ..?

Could anyone suggest me for debug.

Seems to be something wrong when scanning in data during scan in shift mode of the serial patterns. Either incorrect scan stitching, scan-clock, or most likely hold time issues during scan shift. Look for FF timing warnings/messages within the serial simulation log file. The above issues are not a problem with parallel patterns since all scan registers are loaded within one clock cycle, essentially bypassing scan in shift mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back