Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cd4060 used in sensor circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea.
But I can tell you that you can't measure TDS with an electrical probe. It has to be done optically and I don't see any source or detector on that board or cable.

Brian.

It's apparently an EC (electrical conductivity) meter. EC is sometimes used as an estimation of TDS, but only valid for ionic compounds. The timer is probably used to generate an AC carrier signal.

I agree, but to describe it as a TDS meter is somewhat misleading, for example the domestic water here has little conductivity but extremely high TDS. Visibility through the water is only about 5cm (yes, we can lose dishes in the dishwashing water!) but a very unscientific test a moment ago of measuring resistance between two adjacent and full immersed DVM probes give a resistance measurement of >250K.

I think the web site is 'over enthusiastic' with their descriptions, I liked the "Analog rotation sensor" module which clearly shows it is just a potentiometer!

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.