Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Transferring data from PS to PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roronoa137

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I have created my own IP in Vivado which takes some data from a sensor using I2C protocol and stores them in the memory mapped registers in the processing system (PS) through SPI protocol.

What I would like to do now is to send the data from the PS to the FPGA (PL, programmable logic). I have checked on internet and I found I have to use the AXI interface, but most posts were about transferring data from PL to PS. Can someone give me some references to send data from PS to PL, please? Thanks!

Last edited:

What is PL and PS?

See forum rules, you shouldn't use
Technical abbreviations unless they are universally understood, they will confuse members and make it hard for them to understand what you mean.

I'm sorry, I have edited the post.

IIRC PS-PL is mainly for control/status -- lower rate stuff. I think the normal flow is for the PL to take general commands from the PS, provide updates to the PS, and sometimes access PS memory.

I have checked on internet and I found I have to use the AXI interface, but most posts were about transferring data from PL to PS. Can someone give me some references to send data from PS to PL, please? Thanks!
For PL to PS, you can also use the AXI i/f.
The PS section can typically stay as the master and the PL section can stay as the AXI slave.

What I would like to do now is to send the data from the PS to the FPGA (PL, programmable logic).
The AXI master side (PS) needs to initiate a write transaction to the slave (PL).

Thank you for your replay! I'm sorry but I'm new with SDK. I know I should write some code to write something in the PL. Since I just need to store a value from the PS to the PL, I was reading I can use "Xil_io" library. Do you think is this a right way to proceed?

I already went through these links, but thanks!

I already went through these links, but thanks!
If so, then your concepts should now be clear regarding data transfer....
What I would like to do now is to send the data from the PS to the FPGA (PL, programmable logic). I have checked on internet and I found I have to use the AXI interface, but most posts were about transferring data from PL to PS. Can someone give me some references to send data from PS to PL, please? Thanks!

In the end it is just an AXI bus, one side is master and the other side is slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back