Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Altium - how to map pins to multiple pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axemaster

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I recently started in Altium and am trying to make a symbol/footprint for the following part:
AOZ2261
http://www.aosmd.com/res/data_sheets/AOZ2261QI-15.pdf

As you can see in the datasheet, the high-current pins are mapped to multiple pads on the footprint. I am trying to figure out how to do this in Altium, but the proper approach isn't clear. I have also come across various forum posts claiming it is impossible up until at least 2018... is this still true? I was under the impression that Altium is the industry standard software, so I would be a bit shocked if it truly lacked this kind of basic functionality.

i don't see your problem. Pin 7=in; Pin 8= in; Pin 9= in...

This is done all the time, e.g., FPGAs which have multiple power and ground pins.

Is your problem with the large copper pad? Just add a copper area to your footprint.

Instead of assigning the correspondence on the footprint/component library, you can just connect them by wire in the schematic side, which seems a more realistic approach, once you are connecting them outside the chip, not internally - although all them belongs to the same input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back