+ Post New Thread
    Newbie level 6
    Achievements:
    7 years registered

Helped
    0 / 0
    Level

Altium - how to map pins to multiple pads?

Hi guys, I recently started in Altium and am trying to make a symbol/footprint for the following part:
    AOZ2261
    http://www.aosmd.com/res/data_sheets/AOZ2261QI-15.pdf

As you can see in the datasheet, the high-current pins are mapped to multiple pads on the footprint. I am trying to figure out how to do this in Altium, but the proper approach isn't clear. I have also come across various forum posts claiming it is impossible up until at least 2018... is this still true? I was under the impression that Altium is the industry standard software, so I would be a bit shocked if it truly lacked this kind of basic functionality.

•   AltAdvertisement

Advanced Member level 5
    Helped
    1021 / 1021
    Level

Re: Altium - how to map pins to multiple pads?

i don't see your problem. Pin 7=in; Pin 8= in; Pin 9= in...

This is done all the time, e.g., FPGAs which have multiple power and ground pins.

Is your problem with the large copper pad? Just add a copper area to your footprint.

•   AltAdvertisement

Super Moderator
    Helped
    1114 / 1114
    Level
    Blog Entries

Re: Altium - how to map pins to multiple pads?

Instead of assigning the correspondence on the footprint/component library, you can just connect them by wire in the schematic side, which seems a more realistic approach, once you are connecting them outside the chip, not internally - although all them belongs to the same input.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the world that you live in, You are the part that you're giving ( Renaissance )

--[[ ]]--