Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice Wolfspeed mosfet model doesn't seem to be working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecemel

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I've set up a simple circuit in LTspice using a model of Wolfspeed's C3M0075120K. I'm feeding the gate a square wave but I'm only seeing tiny current spikes at rise and fall going through the mosfet.

This probably isn't the ideal way to drive a mosfet, but it's just a simple test I set up after discovering the problem while trying to drive a half-bridge using a model of the UCC21520 isolated gate driver (it worked fine until I swapped the existing mosfets for these ones).

Am I doing something wrong or should I contact Wolfspeed?

Datasheet: **broken link removed**

Circuit: View attachment files.zip

Screenshot.png

Connect disconnected pins too (Tj Tc). Don't let them floating. I see 2.4A if they are grounded.

Hi,

try to connect V1 Minus directely to GND instead of KS.

Klaus

Thanks for your replies.

Connecting Tj and Tc to ground fixed my issue. I thought I could leave them floating because when searching the internet for a fix, I came across this manual. On page 7, it says Tj can be left floating, and it says Tc can be left floating, but I failed to read the highlighted note which says one of them should be connected to a voltage source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back