Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse transformer output measured vs. calculated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k., voltage and current are almost in phase now, apparently a DC offset of the Rokowski measurements is causing a ramp in the current display, should be zeroed out.

O.k., voltage and current are almost in phase now, apparently a DC offset of the Rokowski measurements is causing a ramp in the current display, should be zeroed out.

Whats the reasoning for that the ramp should not be there? The trace in post #20 is the integrated result, the raw di/dt output is as below scope trace and does not show any DC offset. Here is a picture of my rogowski coil, I peeled of some of the shielding so you can see inside. Yes I know the shielding adds capacitance, but when I put it on it didn't make any visible difference to the trace and it does prevent some noise. And the shielding is not closed so it doesn't form a closed ring.

IMG_20190819_100502.jpg

raw di/dt output
rogowskitrace.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.