Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Verilog code for 8 bit register with read/write

Status
Not open for further replies.

muku383

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i wanted to drive data and address from axi slave to 8 bit register, anyone can help me out with code or logic

i'll go through video.

If you are using Vivado there is an example slave design for AXI that you can have the tools generate.

You can also download any of the AMBA spec free after signing up on the ARM website.

sorry not using vivado.

i wanted to drive data and address from axi slave to 8 bit register, anyone can help me out with code or logic
I hope you realize that in order to have data from an axi slave to a 8 bit register, the 8 bit register must also have an axi wrapper. That axi wrapper must act as an axi master. Since you already have the slave you need to write the axi master RTL.

I hope you realize that in order to have data from an axi slave to a 8 bit register, the 8 bit register must also have an axi wrapper. That axi wrapper must act as an axi master. Since you already have the slave you need to write the axi master RTL.
I figured the OP meant they wanted to connect an 8-bit register to an AXI slave interface, but doesn't understand how to do that.

i.e. AXI master ==> AXI slave ==> 8-bit register

A quick search on google results in one of the first links being **broken link removed** example design.

Didn't look to closely at it, but it looks reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back