Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TX7316EVM Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmykk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have a TX7316EVM development board:
https://www.ti.com/lit/ug/sbou224a/sbou224a.pdf
It needs 3 bench power supplies to operate which can deliever +-5VDC(.2A) on J3 connector, +-50VDC(.03A) on J1 connector and +-100VDC(.03A) on J2 connector.
When testing, the problem arose when voltage +5V DC on J3 connector fell down to around 0.6V and the bench power supply LED changed from CV(constant voltage as it should be) to CC(Constant Current). I guess it might have happened because of short circuit which i could not see at the time when it happened since so many wires were tightly packed. So i removed the R16 resistor(see User manual) and applied +5VDC right into the inputs of DC DC converters(U1,U2,U3 for making 3V3, 1V8, 2V5) i.e. i provided V_+5V (Page 45) and thus the VDDP_LP5 voltage was no longer in the picture(this goes to the TX7316 IC power) as i removed R16. But this 5V after R16 (V_+5V) also drops to 2.45V which i thought should have been 5V. The LEDS which were connected to U1,U2,U3 were ON at least but the PSU was still showing 2.45V and .2A at CC.
And then i connected again 0R(R16) and the LEDs went OFF and voltage decreased again to 0.6V, , 0.2A at CC. So is this because the TX7316 is not working now and the current goes directly into this IC.
As long as visual inspection of the board, i cannot see anything burnt or strange. Also i have removed the two capacitors(c9,c10) and a zener diode(d7) at the input of J3 Connector, but results were same.
The -5VDC is working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.