Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to increase high frequency output power

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I need suggestions, in general, on how to increase high frequency output power. I was using inductive peaking but I don't get the flat response in the frequency range

Can you maybe elaborate on what you mean by "high frequency output power"? If you are referring to higher power at high frequency, then inductive peaking will not help (and of course you won't get flat response with ideal inductors. Putting in a finite quality factor will improve the 'frequency range' but I am still confused how does it relate to power)

For example in the below case
pout.png

It depends on many variables.It's not easy to say..
Output Power may be function of Power Gain, Load,Transistor (Amplifier/Active Device ) itself,Matching,Parasitic Elements,Package, etc.
If I think that practically, it seems to me a "Mismatch Effect" but it might also be another thing..Hard to say..

output power

Can this be solved by impedance matching? Normally that is associated with the goal to maximize power transfer.

Input arrives as a combination of voltage and current. The matching network raises voltage and reduces current (or the other way around). Values are selected so that the outgoing signal drives the next stage in the most efficient manner.

A passive network might consist of one or more LC arrangements.

The curve that circuitking has shared shows a very wide region of operation. Obtaining matching across such a wide range is quiet difficult. Typically, it would require the matching circuits to be tuned for different frequencies.
Is it just one PA or there are multiple PAs operating at different frequencies? Can you share the source of this image?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back