Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Protocol Design - System Verilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

fazimohd

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I am designing a protocol as a part of my project. I did the interface part and now I am asked to do the CSR coding for master and slave separately. I don’t know where to start with. Can anyone explain what CSR is and how it works for master and slave so that I can move forward with my project?

In my experience people use CSR when they are referring to the Control and Status Registers. But then again it might mean something else, which is why I avoid using acronyms unless they are very standardized across all disciplines.

In my experience people use CSR when they are referring to the Control and Status Registers. But then again it might mean something else, which is why I avoid using acronyms unless they are very standardized across all disciplines.

Yes, I’m supposed design this Control and Status Register. But I don’t knwo how it will differ for the master and slave part. The protocol I am designing is OCP. I did the interface part. But I don’t know how to do this CSR part.

Once again an acronym...I have no clue what OCP means. Google reports it stands for...

Oregon Catholic Press
Open Compute Project
Oracle Certified Professional

See it's bad to use any acronyms unless you are only discussing with people on your acronym soup project.

OCP was abbreviated as in VLSI Open Core Protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back