Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to install and use Standard Cell Library in Virtuoso?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mosdarsh

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I got access to the TSMC 65nm PDK. However, my tech lib provider didn't provide CDK for using standard cell libs in Virtuoso. They just gave other types of std cell files that can be used in other tools than Virtuoso like SOC Encounter, RTL Compiler, etc. The std cell files I have now are :

1-celtic (.cdb)
2-lef
3-tf
4-milkyway
5-volcano
6-mentor_dft
7-verilog
8-vital
9-physical compiler
10-timing_power_noise (ecsm, ccs, nldm)

What I want to do is to use std cell lib in cadence Virtuoso.

I tried importing all of them in Virtuoso, but it doesn't work. Please let me know how to do it or mention some tutorial.

Hi all,

I got access to the TSMC 65nm PDK. However, my tech lib provider didn't provide CDK for using standard cell libs in Virtuoso. They just gave other types of std cell files that can be used in other tools than Virtuoso like SOC Encounter, RTL Compiler, etc. The std cell files I have now are :

1-celtic (.cdb)
2-lef
3-tf
4-milkyway
5-volcano
6-mentor_dft
7-verilog
8-vital
9-physical compiler
10-timing_power_noise (ecsm, ccs, nldm)

What I want to do is to use std cell lib in cadence Virtuoso.

I tried importing all of them in Virtuoso, but it doesn't work. Please let me know how to do it or mention some tutorial.

you don't 'install' anything into virtuoso environment, you import a library. you can do it with GDS files which I assume are in the physical compiler folder. It's also possible you only got access to the front end view of the files, and the foundry will only give you access to the real deal once you pay up or establish some sort of relationship.

you don't 'install' anything into virtuoso environment, you import a library. you can do it with GDS files which I assume are in the physical compiler folder. It's also possible you only got access to the front end view of the files, and the foundry will only give you access to the real deal once you pay up or establish some sort of relationship.

The physical compiler folder contains .pdb and .plib files and not GDS.

If I got only the front end view of the files, how can I at least simulate schematic cells in virtuoso having those std cells?

The physical compiler folder contains .pdb and .plib files and not GDS.

If I got only the front end view of the files, how can I at least simulate schematic cells in virtuoso having those std cells?

Who said you are supposed to do that? digital designers rarely work at that level. That's why the front end views is sufficient for them most of the time.

Who said you are supposed to do that? digital designers rarely work at that level. That's why the front end views is sufficient for them most of the time.

I want to do this because my design is actually custom and I need to so schematic simulations in Virtuoso, is there any way to do so with what I have?

I want to do this because my design is actually custom and I need to so schematic simulations in Virtuoso, is there any way to do so with what I have?

Nope. You need a GDS or an extracted netlist. Looks like you have neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back