Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Desperate help needed in Birdcage Simulation with HFSS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhchodary

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,
I am trying to simulate MRI birdcage coild with ANSYS HFSS. The primary aim is to achieve homogeneous magnetic field within the coil at 64 MHz. It is a highpass birdcage coil with 16 rungs, 30 capacitors and two ports. I can achieve very good homogeneous magnetic field with circular polarization with capacitance of 75 pF. However, my S11 parameter is always around 67 MHz. How can i bring S11 at 64 MHz without disturbing the H-field?

I can bring the S11 parameter at 64 MHz by changing capacitance of the capacitors but then I no longer have the homogeneous magnetic field.
I have also noticed that the dimensions of my lumped capacitors also affect the magnetic field as well as S11 parameters. Currently I have 2D sheet of 10 mm x 10 mm to model the lumped capacitors. I have observed that by decreasing height of the lumped capacitors, S11 parameter decreases and vice versa.
This also means that by changing height of the lumped capacitors, I can have my S11 parameter pointing at 64 MHz but as I said I would no longer have homogeneous B1 field.

Please anyone can help me in this very basic and annoying problem.
I would be extremely extremely grateful.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back