Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

CST accuracy control beyond the mesh density

Status
Not open for further replies.

kato01

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

In CST, is there a relation between the calculated Radiation Efficiency and the accuracy of the results?
How one would control that?

Thanks

Your question is not clear.

If you have >100% radiation efficiency, something is obviously wrong.

If you have a lossless antenna model, radiaton efficiency must be 100%.
For a lossy antenna, we don't know what efficiency to expect.

Your question is not clear.

If you have >100% radiation efficiency, something is obviously wrong.

If you have a lossless antenna model, radiaton efficiency must be 100%.
For a lossy antenna, we don't know what efficiency to expect.

My radiation efficiency is -2dB. I use materials with no losses. Return loss about -10dB
Not sure why the radiation efficiency is so low. I seem to remember that if the meshing is too sparse that could be a problem. I am using 25 cells/wlgs. The convergence is about -30dB

My radiation efficiency is -2dB. I use materials with no losses.

That's obviously wrong. For calculating radiation efficiency, the total radiated power is calculated by integrating over all the boundaries. I'm not a CST user, but in some EM tools there are settings for field sampling angle range (theta and phi) and resolution. Maybe your angle sweep range for efficiency calculation misses some direction.

I would not expect that the mesh has any effect on accuracy of calculated efficiency.

That's obviously wrong. For calculating radiation efficiency, the total radiated power is calculated by integrating over all the boundaries. I'm not a CST user, but in some EM tools there are settings for field sampling angle range (theta and phi) and resolution. Maybe your angle sweep range for efficiency calculation misses some direction.

I would not expect that the mesh has any effect on accuracy of calculated efficiency.

Thanks, that confirms my suspicions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back