Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Proteus Error, No Source Line at PC Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoseink08

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello eveyone,
I wrote a C code in Atmel Studio for ATmega32. Now I want to debug it in proteus. When I use assembly code I can easily see the Assembly code to do "step in" "step over" and use a breakpoint etc. But when it comes to C programing, I cant see any code to debug it. I load .elf code in proteus.
Could anyone give me a help on this issue? How can I debug a C code in proteus?

1.JPG
2.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

I just found the problem my self!!
First, when you are going to build a new project you should choose "Create Firmware project" and define the microcontroller device, then choose WinAVR as a compiler on the same page...
If WinAVR is not installed already, click on compiler and install it!
easy ! peasy! but take me one day to realize that :)

You can see a drop down box in the screenshot that you have posted. In that select the .c file that is the main source file and debug.

Glad you have solved it, but that error message (or one very like it) can also occur when an error is detected within library code where only the object library has been linked in. Such library code typically does not have source code within your project. The key is to look at the PC and the linker map. (When I read the title, this was what sprang to my mind.)
Same (apparent) error but very different cause.
Susan

I am having the same issue. But even though i gave path to WinAVR in proteus; same error remains

Status
Not open for further replies.