Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Estimated cost of high volume PCB assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

question_asker

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for a rough estimate (rule of thumb) for the cost per pin or cost per board of high volume PCB assembly. I can only find the costs for small prototype productions when searching the internet. By high volume I mean >10k boards. The boards are very small and portable, because they are going to be wearable. It would also be of interest to me wether assembly would take place in China or anywhere else.

Board specs:

• [quantity: 10k+]
    [method: SMD only]
    [pins per board: ~105]
    [board size: 30mm²]
    [double sided soldering]

Furthermore, it would be helpful if you could provide an estimate for testing costs per hour for such boards. I don't take into consideration that there are costs upfront for software and fixtures etc, I just want to know a rough estimate of what testing will cost hourly.

I think there are just too many factors to give you a "rule of thumb". You also have to consider: pin pitch; number of components; standards; etc. Also. testing is not priced "per hour", it's per board.

I suggest you just contact several PCB assemblers; they can probably give you an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.