Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Injecting errors in SystemVerilog

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrucha

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have an error detection code which has a generator and a receiver. The receiver checks if there were any errors while transmission. I have a testbench, where I plan to add an error injecting mechanism. I want to add errors at random places. Is there a specific way to do it?

I was thinking of making a module in the test bench that will flip one random bit in the data that is received. Is this the right way to implement random error injection in SystemVerilog? If not, how else can I do it?

Well, I don't know if it is Systemverilog-ish or not but I used a $random_range to generate a error word, and xor'd it with the data that was passed through the EDAC so I could verify the EDAC circuit I built. Did this with both checking single, and double bit errors.

depends on the application. for something like hamming code with reasonable bus widths you can just have a N**2 loop where data = data ^ ((1<<i) | (1<<j)). and i,j can be one higher than the bus width with ecc. Simple to write, not efficient, but doesn't really matter for hamming codes.

you can do this with random functions or counters or such to determine the error locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back