Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sinusoidal PWM Control for PMSM Motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marimuthu

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I am working in electric vechicle controller segment. Already, I have done my bldc controller using six step ( trapezoidal ) control method. I was completed my project using STM32f103c8t6 controller.

I need to control the PMSM motor using sinusoidal PWM control method.

My requirement is,

1. How to generate sinusoidal PWM.
2. What is the commution state for sinusoidal PWM control .
3. How to apply sinusoidal pwm logic in PMSM motor controlling program.

Hi,

1. How to generate sinusoidal PWM using program ?
There are many threads here in the forum, more in the web.
Even tutorials.

Klaus

1. How to generate sinusoidal PWM.

At each point on the sine cycle, the length of a pulse is based on the sine at that mark.

Say at 90 degrees your pulse length is max.
Then at 1 degree your pulse length is max times sine(1), that is, max times .017.
At 2 degrees the length is max times sine(2), or max times .035.
Etc.

see my post "Sine PWM calculating instead of table" or something like that, I don't know exactly if this works but it seem it does. I'm waiting a guru answer. You would have to add a factor in the program to control the width. I tryed to do the control signal analogical (comparing a triangle signal with a sine one) and I did the circuit, but there were too much elements and factors that I could'n control, so the signal was not what I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.