Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[moved] How do I get the ZynqIEEE 1588 PTP GUI working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexKeys

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have followed the steps at from the Xilinx page up until the point that I had to run the GUI. I imported the said files, booted the Zynqboard with that data. However, the buttons "StartMasterPTP" and "StartSlavePTP" do not work.

Things I did not do:

• I did not run the Linux kernel building part: I guessed that was optional especially since I used the files they provided.
  • I did not use two boards: With this, I was told that using the PC and one Zync board should suffice (I am not sure though. Clarity on this, if it is not so would be greatly appreciated)

Also, the document says that the project is obsolete. Does that imply that it won't work with my 2018.3 vivado? Has anyone been able to make it work? I would greatly appreciate it

Xilinx Tools Version Vivado 2013.4

Other Details This tech tip is obsolete for multiple reasons including:
PS EMAC driver is no longer supported
Known issues around 1588 support using the PS GEMs
From the table on the project page.

The last working version was using 2013.4 and the driver is no longer supported...perhaps the driver issue is why those buttons don't work. Usually when a driver can't be initialized in an embedded system other things stop working.

You should use 2013.4 to build this project, using newer tools almost always result in hit-or-miss problems as things in the tools are changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back