Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HSPICE BJT simulation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

junsik

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear,
I have some problem in HSPICE simulation

I got data file of BJT in on-semiconductor, and simulate it using ADS and HSPICE.
Left figure shows ADS simul. and Right figure shows HSPICE simul.
THe y axis is the collector current. x axis is Voltage between (Col - Emitter)
the current bias at base was swept.
I think the ADS simulation is right. I don't know why the results from HSPICE simulation were so large.
Is there any options for DC analysis of BJT in HSPICE?

below sentences are the options i used.
***** Option *****
.option ACCURATE
.option post probe
*.option converge=1
*.option Method=gear
.option dccap =1
.temp 25

20190730_173112.png

It looks like both simulations are not using the same transistor model. Why don't you compare with datasheet values to know which curves are more realistic?

The sharp corners in ADS are surely not real, at least too few points.

I guess some BJT parameters in your model is not included, and HSpice uses different default values as ADS when a parameter is missing. I would check default values of simulators (especially where the factor of difference is about 5 is not negligible), but I am not sure.

The same transistor model was used in both simulation. but it shows different results..

Status
Not open for further replies.