Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TLINE IDEAL/TLINE MICROSTRIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between TLIN and MLIN?
In practical desizing we use what?
In Filter Design we can make Matching Networks via TLIN, How to convert TLIN into MLIN,if required?

TLIN is transmission line and MLIN is microstrip line.

TLIN is general:we specify TLIN with it's charectric impedance(Z0), its length(landa*K) and its beta=2*pi/landa

but for implementation in microstrip form:
for microstrip we have a substrate wirh specified h and er
we can convert the TLIN parameters to microstrip and implement in microstrip form Z0=f(W/h,er,f) we can calculate (W)
landa(eff)=landa/er(eff))
L=landaeff*K

Regards

Normally, we use microstrip line in practical........I mean the one with the inclusive of losses and everything.......but...for transmission line...i think it is more general....if i not mistaken

TLIN is ideal, so no frequency dispersive. However the MLIN do has. So when you convert the TLIN to MLIN, you'd better to do some EM simulation with MLIN.

Can anybody give Me the exact Formulas for converting TLIN to MLIN?or refer any Site?

Hej

Exact formulas are very difficult to use, as these should account for the natural behaivour such as losses and the dispersive nature of TLINES.
If you want formulas then look in Pozar chpater 3. There you can find formulas converting ideal T-LINES to M-LINES. But they do not account for losses.
Otherwise use the Transmission line calculators in ADS or MWO. These can give you the precise result. Here you supply the substrate data: loss tangent, εr etc.

Regards

Is Packaging going to effect my design say filter?Is there any option in ADS to check the Packing Loss?If yes, What??

Yes....i believe packaging will effect........let say you are using molding........i dont think there is any way to take packaging into account during simulation

Which line is more preferable TLIN or MLIN in the process of amplifier design of higher frequencies(34 GHZ) & why??
*the specification to be met are (S11& S22)>10dB,gain(S21>12dB) and stability factor (K>1)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back