Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minimize effect of IR bulbs on image

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixit7

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The IR bulbs are great for nighttime surveillance but not really needed when there is ample light.

As you can see, in this image the IR light is reflecting off the blinds.

http://imgur.com/uQZxkux

Is there a way to minimize that effect?

I looked over the camera and it looks like there is no user friendly way of even getting inside it.

**broken link removed**

Re: Minimize effect of IR bults on image

I would expect that you can turn the LED illumination on and off via remote control.

Re: Minimize effect of IR bults on image

There is no remote.

Just a basic wired system. (720p B/W)

Opening the blinds a little helped.

There are IR filters available; make sure that they are IR absorbing. IR transmitting filters are dark but IR absorbing filters are slightly blue. You may have to use two of them stacked together.

But then your nighttime recording will suffer.

Reactions: fixit7

fixit7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Faced with a similar situation for two pan/tilt IPCAMs and one 'trad' CCTV, I fitted our patio with an IR mini-floodlight with integral day/night photo-sensor.

Tough, IP 65, drew 20 Watt, played nice with the cameras by 'filling the shadows' and mitigating their night-lights' back-scatter from nearby objects such as white plant-pots....

The mini-floodlight cost ~£ 35 (~$40), but is now ~£ 20. As the 'fly lead' was very, very short, I also needed an adjacent IP65 junction /gland box ~£ 5...
FWIW, mini-floodlight's IR LED array included one (1) far-red LED to show status.

Reactions: fixit7

fixit7

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Faced with a similar situation for two pan/tilt IPCAMs and one 'trad' CCTV, I fitted our patio with an IR mini-floodlight with integral day/night photo-sensor.

Tough, IP 65, drew 20 Watt, played nice with the cameras by 'filling the shadows' and mitigating their night-lights' back-scatter from nearby objects such as white plant-pots....

The mini-floodlight cost ~£ 35 (~$40), but is now ~£ 20. As the 'fly lead' was very, very short, I also needed an adjacent IP65 junction /gland box ~£ 5...
FWIW, mini-floodlight's IR LED array included one (1) far-red LED to show status.

Do you have a link to those?

Thanks.

Do you have a link to those?

Found them on Amazon...

"IP65 Waterproof Outdoor Security LED Floodlight with Built-in Photocell Sensor 20W "
"Weatherproof junction box"

Please use due care with 'mains' wiring, fusing etc. Feed via a 'safety breaker' to be sure, to be sure.
N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back