Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the inductor equation is different in this paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi I was reading the paper "A high Linearity Tapered Distributed Amplifier for Ultra Wideband Application" and I saw the equation for inductance of the artificial line has division by 2. As per equation 1 in the below figure, I think the Lb equation should not have /2 in equation (2). Could someone tell why is it like this? Thanks

A high Linearity Tapered Distributed Amplifier for Ultra Wideband Application.JPG

Yes, expression looks erroneous at first sight. L and C in Z0 formula are per unit length, e.g. per amplifier stage.

Yes, expression looks erroneous at first sight. L and C in Z0 formula are per unit length, e.g. per amplifier stage.

So the correct equation for Lb in equation (2) is without /2

I saw the equation for inductance of the artificial line
This is not transmission line.
This is a cascaded connection of constant K section(L/2, C/2).

As per equation 1 in the below figure,
I think the Lb equation should not have /2 in equation (2).
Could someone tell why is it like this?
Understand things correctly,
This is very true for all your posts.

So the correct equation for Lb in equation (2) is without /2
I think it is, but why don't you check yourself which solution achieves better impedance matching?

Understand things correctly,
This is very true for all your posts.

True. I should think and imagine more.

Constant-k+section+for+Low-pass+filter+using+T-network.jpg

[found at: slideplayer. com/ slide /4173361 /13 /images /8 /Constant-k+section+for+Low-pass+filter+using+T-network.jpg]

Last edited by a moderator:

The delay matching by using lumped components using the approach shown in the figure completely disregards the effect of Cbc. Also, Cbe varies quiet a bit with the instantaneous voltage on the base. Does it work for large input powers?

The delay matching by using lumped components using the approach shown in the figure completely disregards the effect of Cbc.
Also, Cbe varies quiet a bit with the instantaneous voltage on the base.
Does it work for large input powers?
This figure shows only concept.

I don't think distributed amplifier of BJT is possible, even if cascode structure is used as unit amplifier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back