Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can the Reactive part of Zopt absorbed into the drain line in a DA

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I was reading the paper "OPTIMUM DESIGN OF DISTRIBUTED POWER-FET AMPLIFIERS. APPLICATION TO A 2 - 18 GHz MMIC MODULE EXHIBITING IMPROVED POWER PERFORMANCES " and came across this
The output equivalent capacitances Copt, of the transistors have been absorbed into the drain line..

Let's say the output capacitance of a gain stage is Cout and for this gain stage optimum load is Yopt = Gopt+jCopt. It is possible to absorb Cout into artifical transmission line but how can the Copt be absorbed? Usually Copt and Cout values are different, If they are same it is not a problem.

Consider Copt > Cout.

Is Copt value really in my hands? I am thinking that I would get it from loadpull.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I was reading the paper "OPTIMUM DESIGN OF DISTRIBUTED POWER-FET AMPLIFIERS. APPLICATION TO A 2 - 18 GHz MMIC MODULE EXHIBITING IMPROVED POWER PERFORMANCES " and came across this
The output equivalent capacitances Copt, of the transistors have been absorbed into the drain line..

Let's say the output capacitance of a gain stage is Cout and for this gain stage optimum load is Yopt = Gopt+jCopt. It is possible to absorb Cout into artifical transmission line but how can the Copt be absorbed? Usually Copt and Cout values are different, If they are same it is not a problem.

I want the output capacitance of the gain stage be absorbed into the artificial transmission line and after that the gain stage should be able to see it's Zopt at the output, is it even possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back