Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to have same optimum load through out the frequency range

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuitking

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I was reading the paper "OPTIMUM DESIGN OF DISTRIBUTED POWER-FET AMPLIFIERS. APPLICATION TO A 2 - 18 GHz MMIC MODULE EXHIBITING IMPROVED POWER PERFORMANCES " and came across this
"As confirmed by experimental results on commercially available power FETs, the optimum output admittance of the FET is equivalent to a constant conductance Gopt in parallel with a constant capacitance Copt, over very wide bandwidths". Is it really possible for MOSFET and what exactly should I do to find the particular optimum impedance? Because loadpull would give different optimum impedances at different frequencies.

Hi, I was reading the paper "OPTIMUM DESIGN OF DISTRIBUTED POWER-FET AMPLIFIERS. APPLICATION TO A 2 - 18 GHz MMIC MODULE EXHIBITING IMPROVED POWER PERFORMANCES " and came across this
"As confirmed by experimental results on commercially available power FETs, the optimum output admittance of the FET is equivalent to a constant conductance Gopt in parallel with a constant capacitance Copt, over very wide bandwidths". Is it really possible for MOSFET and what exactly should I do to find the particular optimum impedance? Because loadpull would give different optimum impedances at different frequencies.

Loadpull is one of the ways to find an optimum impedance. But because this problem is rather non-linear, why not throw an optimizer at it and see if it can figure out a matching network that can give good performance over a wide range?

Is it really possible for MOSFET and what exactly should I do to find the particular optimum impedance? Because loadpull would give different optimum impedances at different frequencies.

Small correction. Is it really possible for MOSFET and what exactly should I do to have the same optimum impedance over very wide bandwidths? Because loadpull would give different optimum impedances at different frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back