Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reflective area detection - optical lap counter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikr09

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a device as you can see on the image attached that always is always spinning around an axis. It has a reflective surface that i want to use to detect it and count it as a lap. So, i don't know which kind of optical sensor use or which idea could you give me to do this. I hope to use a microcontroller with ultra low consumption so i would like that all my application remain with this important feature.

I would like you help me with this. Thanks!

Imagen1.png

Use any of 100's of photodetectors, IR sensors, LDRs etc to detect reflection. Count the pulses time the pulses. Use Schmitt gates.

It's simple enough.

I hope to use a microcontroller with ultra low consumption so i would like that all my application remain with this important feature.

The flywheel needs to be illuminated if you wish to use optical detection. You must shine a light on it unless there is ambient light present. Light needs to reflect from it exactly onto the sensor. An led (visible or IR) runs on a certain amount of milli-Amps. Ultra low power consumption may not be feasible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back