Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Questions in manually creating substrate files for Sonnet Cadence Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLHW

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I've successfully simulated several inductors in Sonnet and is moving on to re-simulate them using Sonnet Cadence Interface and integrate them into my LNA in Cadence Virtuoso for further simulations. Back in Sonnet, the inductors are following the dielectric layers exactly from what was illustrated from the provided technical details by a foundry. Apart from 7 metals, it has layers of a mettop and a UTM, making it a total of 9 metal layers (at least that is how it is illustrated).

since this PDK doesn't have a .matl file attached, I need to manually create it, and here comes the questions:

1. my current and default PDK settings (also the one with the most metal layers) is displayed as "8LM (7LM+UTM)", so should I reduce layers in my Sonnet project files to correspond with my PDK settings in Cadence?

2. When I open a blank layout view that was attached to the PDK library, I saw two mettop drawing options (mettop1 and mettop2) instead of one, which was implied by the technical document. Why is there two mettop drawing options? Should I add an extra mettop layer in my Sonnet project files?

Also, there is only met7 text but no met7 drawing, why is that so?

3. the PDK has three passivation layers, should I reduce them or leave them be so?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back