Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] $urandom_range is generating same values

Status
Not open for further replies.

swabhi812

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am writing a test bench where I am randomizing few inputs using $urandom_range(max,min). However, every time I am running my test, it is returning same value. I would like to understand why I am getting this issue.

Thanks!

That is the correct behavior - it's called random stability which allows you to debug your test should it fail. You need to change the initial seed if you want another set of random values. Using Modelsim/Questa, look up the vsim -sv_seed switch in the manual

That is the correct behavior - it's called random stability which allows you to debug your test should it fail. You need to change the initial seed if you want another set of random values. Using Modelsim/Questa, look up the vsim -sv_seed switch in the manual

Thank you for detailed explanation. This makes sense to me. I was able to use -seed random in Cadence xrun to get desired behavior.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back