Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating digital part in ADE Cadence Virtuoso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junus2012

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends,

is it possible to use some part designed by Verilog or VHDL with other schematic circuits ?

for example I designed a three bit digital counter and I want to put this counter with the other elements like operational amplifier and resistor to build simple flash converter.

I have tried to do it but the the simulator is refusing to simulate

thank you

You can define the "Views" by Configuration Editor so the Spectre simulator uses corresponding views while simulating.
Another option is to create "Partitions" as I know so the partitions are simulated by their corresponded simulators.

You can define the "Views" by Configuration Editor so the Spectre simulator uses corresponding views while simulating.
Another option is to create "Partitions" as I know so the partitions are simulated by their corresponded simulators.

Thank you Boss for your reply,
I am sorry to tell you I could not find the setting you are referring in your explanation, it would be very kind of you if you refer me to more details or picture setting

- - - Updated - - -

What simulator do you use ?

I am using Spectra simulator by ADE

I am using Spectra simulator by ADE
Cadence Spectre can not understand both Verilog-D and VHDL.

You have to invoke cosimulation between spice type simulator and event-driven simulator.

For example,
(1) Cadence Vermix: Spectre and Verilog-XL
(2) Cadence AMSD : Spectre and NCSim
(3) Synopsys CustomSim : XA and VCS

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back