Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are the salaries in Asia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafaiz

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How about in asia....how much can u earn if u have bachelor degree in microelectronics.....knowledge in software such as tanner L-edit, C++, HSPICE, mentor graphics, autocad, ORCAD, PSPICE and able to handle works in a FAB. Plus able in analog design and 6 months experience in digital design.

how about one who has completed masters.

salary range engineer asia

so far as i konw, in China main land, a bachelor can earn about 800$/month.Maybe it is little in dolar, but much in rmb (it will be more if rmb devalue, but i donot think it will).

Of course, if u r in a foreign company, the salary will much hige.mabe>10000rmb

best wishes

salary earned by vlsi engineers in china

very few jobs for such experience.!!!

rm1800 to us dollars

In India Micro-electronics specialization is not given at Bachelor level, though you can have experience while on Industrial project. But after a BE/BS/BTech or equivalent Salaries are in the range 450 to 800 US $ (for MTech add 100) depending on your exposure to Tools, skills and your College Brand. And this can easily increase with a 15-25% per year depending on your company.

japan fresh graduate salary

hi,
In Malaysia for fresh graduate engineer you can get around USD 600. But these salaries depend on company your working in. In large multinational company such as Intel or AMD fresh grad can get salary around USD 700-800.

shanghai ic engineer starting salary

in singapore, for bachelor in electronics/microelectronics company basic salary ranges from 2500-3000 sin dollars or 1500-1800 usd. it also depends on the job nature/scope and highly depends on the company itself. the so called shift engineers earn the highest salary, since they work day/night shift. plus ot pay, normally they can easily earn 1800-2400 usd or even more. designer's salary is just in medium but normally they are considered to have a good future. master degree normally will help to have +100-150 usd more.

700 usd salary tax

In malaysia I heard that the fresh graduate can get 2,800 RM (around 750 US Dollars) in Intel .. and around 3,800 (around 1000 US Dollars) in Altera ..

advertising salaries in asia

xofun said:
so far as i konw, in China main land, a bachelor can earn about 800$/month.Maybe it is little in dolar, but much in rmb (it will be more if rmb devalue, but i donot think it will).

best wishes

for bachelor in most of cities in China, 500US$ is very high for a fresh graduate. for shanghai and beijin, maybe higher standard.

36000 salary tax

dog1357 said:
xofun said:

best wishes

for bachelor in most of cities in China, 500US$ is very high for a fresh graduate. for shanghai and beijin, maybe higher standard.

Actually in Shanghai and beijing, the situation is quite same... few graduates can get more than 500USD

and the trend is that sales people get much more salary than the design people

what a pity

salary range in india for asic

thks for ur replies...any one else??

which country in asia gives the best salaries

For Taiwan,
( I'm Malaysian, but had my further studies in Taiwan, staying at Taiwan for 13 yrs)

After staying here for many years, there are some job situations for Engineer:

1. Foreign companies (eg: Intel, TI, Motorola...etc)
Much of the foreign companies here in Taiwan has only sales / application support department only, because doing with manufacturing will have higher cost. (Better doing it at China currently) Furthermore, Taiwan has many local OEM/ODM/EMS companies, so these foreign companies are actually act as a sales centre for supporting the local companies.
Engineer Salary range: USD: 36,000 ~ 45,000. (annual salary: Tax rate: 12~20%)

2. Local companies with Stock plan (eg: TSMC, UMC, Foxconn, BenQ....)
These companies usually having their own OEM/ODM/own brand business, and they need huge numbers of engineers for production application (Taiwanese engineer is strong for develop the customer products that fits the spec by major big company, eg: Motorola, Ericcson..etc) So, they get the OEM/ODM orders from the big company, and mass-manufactured in China.
Enginner salary range: USD: 18,000 ~ 20,000 (annual) but these company deliver free stock for employee. (36,000~ ???) Some engineer already became millionaire because of this scheme.

3. Local companies without stock plan (usually a small, startup company)
Enginner salary range: USD: 18,000 ~ 20,000 (annual). Usually, engineer will gain experiences here and jump to the big company or foreign company.

that's all for Taiwan situation.

basic salary for electronics fresh grads

For Taiwan,
( I'm Malaysian, but had my further studies in Taiwan, staying at Taiwan for 13 yrs)

After staying here for many years, there are some job situations for Engineer:

1. Foreign companies (eg: Intel, TI, Motorola...etc)
Much of the foreign companies here in Taiwan has only sales / application support department only, because doing with manufacturing will have higher cost. (Better doing it at China currently) Furthermore, Taiwan has many local OEM/ODM/EMS companies, so these foreign companies are actually act as a sales centre for supporting the local companies.
Engineer Salary range: USD: 36,000 ~ 45,000. (annual salary: Tax rate: 12~20%)

2. Local companies with Stock plan (eg: TSMC, UMC, Foxconn, BenQ....)
These companies usually having their own OEM/ODM/own brand business, and they need huge numbers of engineers for production application (Taiwanese engineer is strong for develop the customer products that fits the spec by major big company, eg: Motorola, Ericcson..etc) So, they get the OEM/ODM orders from the big company, and mass-manufactured in China.
Enginner salary range: USD: 18,000 ~ 20,000 (annual) but these company deliver free stock for employee. (36,000~ ???) Some engineer already became millionaire because of this scheme.

3. Local companies without stock plan (usually a small, startup company)
Enginner salary range: USD: 18,000 ~ 20,000 (annual). Usually, engineer will gain experiences here and jump to the big company or foreign company.

that's all for Taiwan situation.

taiwan masters degree salary in ic design house

nafaiz said:
thks for ur replies...any one else??

Experience is the main factor that decides the salary .. and this experience is based on 3 things :
1- No. of Years working in this field ..
2- the names of the companies where u used to work in before
3- the design flows that u r mastering ..

and if u r into taping out, then the number of tape outs will definetly push ur salary up .. but what I see nowadays is that based on the tools u master, u can get good job with good salary .. companies most likely work with either Synopsys or Cadence flows .. or a mix of them .. but for Mentor, they only pic specific tools like ModelSim, but not a complete flow .. so, going outside the pool of Cadence and Synopsys may prohibt you from being able to join a good company , rather than getting a good salary ..

First, concentrate on design flows .. master Synopsys or Cadence .. and then most probably u will get relatively good salary ..

taiwan engineering salaries

For Hong Kong, the salary of an electronic engineering fresh graduate is about USD 1250.

salary taiwan

Tax rate should be taken into account in this kind of comparison.

Re: Salaries in ASIA

webmaster_ph said:
Hi Folks,

For Senior R&D Engineers, the monthly rate = USD 5k plus benefits. This varies according to experience.

which part in asia are u talking about ?

i think everybody should give a detailed information about the salaries. It is better the salary you said exclude tax.

In china, shanghai,
fresh man, master degree, digital ic design engineer, 5000-6000 RMB.

anyone know the salary in other cities of asia for digital ic designer.

Thanks in advance!

/David

Glad to read about the salary range here. But do you guys missed out the cost of living in all these Asian countries ? The food per meal, rental, house etc ? Unless that person do not need to spend on these and just save whatever he earns.
Eventually one has to enjoy some quality of life with what he earns,

Talking about annual salary may be more useful as some companies have a lot of bonus and profit sharing whereas some companies just divide out their annual salary as monthly pay without any other benefit.

My 2 cents. :p

muddasserniaz said:
in Pakistan ... 250$/mon .. but for an electronics engg.

im a software design engineer and im earning $250/month. in my company (MicroTech Labs) a fresh engineer will get ~$400/month. certainly an experienced person will earn more. (im also from pakistan)

Hi my friends, in the Philippines the starting salary for a fresh graduate in engineering such as electronic, electrical and computer is US$400. but those applicants with experience will have a salary starting from US$700 to US$1200.
Senior engineers' salary ranges from US$800 to US$1500.

Status
Not open for further replies.