Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

output of the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambhav_1

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Kindly explain how the large signal input will effect this circuit's output. what should be done if i want the output of the circuit to be oscillatory.

IMG20190721133850.jpg

No useful question without specifying the OP parameters. Too many possible answers.

What do you exactly mean with "oscillatory" in this context?

No useful question without specifying the OP parameters. Too many possible answers.

What do you exactly mean with "oscillatory" in this context?
can be considered as ideal opamp.
with oscillatory i mean that can it be employed as some kind of oscillator if i use a capacitor in parallel with resistor.

Expect the positive half wave copied to Vout. No oscillator feature.

Connecting a real OP brings up stability issues, apparently beyond your scope.

No positive feedback. MOSFET in CS configuration is inverting the signal, thus overall negative feedback. Practical problem is gain in feedback path, not stable with universally frequency compensated OP, additional compensation network required.

Yes, the circuit will likely oscillate, but why do you want that?

can you explain how it will oscillate?
I am just curious to know if the input to opamp is given through negative terminal or through positive terminal then how my output voltage will change.

You show the symbol for an NMosfet symbol.png-channel Mosfet which is wrong. The Mosfet with its source terminal at the positive supply must be a P-channel.

I am just curious to know if the input to opamp is given through negative terminal or through positive terminal then how my output voltage will change.

My I suggest that you try simulate your circuit in one of the numerous free online simulators or whatever you prefer, then you can answer your own "what if?" questions with ease and learn more about circuit behavior at your own leisure.

A circuit oscillates if the Barkhausen criterion is fulfilled. In this case if the originally negative feedback turns into positive feedback due to multiple circuit poles.

Analysis of circuit stability needs to consider the real circuit parameters, particularly OP transfer function.

Status
Not open for further replies.