Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How drive 200pF load on 15MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asrock70

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have TTL clock 15MHz and need drive 200pF load
Now I use 5 inverter from 74HC04, It works fine, but case SOIC14 is to big and i search small solution.
Can you help me?

clock.png

In first version was as clock used 15MHz crystal with one inverter from 74HC04, 5pcs inverter increase current for driving 200pF Load.
In second version is as clock source used crystal oscillator any as KC2520K on 3.3V, rise and fall time is 5ns output can drive 15pF load, current increase 74hc04 still.

Single gate driver like LVC1G04 has about 10 ohms output impedance. Two in parallel should work. Or single LVC2G.

Thank you.
Unfortunately, I forgot to emphasize one desired feature. I need hi level output voltage over 5,6V. 74HC04 permits Vcc 6V, I use 5,7 - 5,8V and Hi voltage level = Vcc.
in the picture, I said Vcc 6V, but I forgot about it in the text, sorry.
LVC2G and LVC1G04 have max Vcc=5.5V.

I forgot to mention that there may be also a save operation area problem when operating the small gates at 15 MHz with large C load. Multiple 74HC gates isn't that bad at all. Or use a small CMOS gate driver IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.